AID:Tech is looking for a React Native Developer to join our growing team. Successful candidates will champion and lead the building of secure, robust, and high performance mobile and web based applications.
The ideal candidate will have senior experience across both Web and mobile development using the React and React Native suite of tooling.
Specifically for React Native you will be developing mobile wallets that will be used on both iOS and Android platforms. These mobile wallets will include the very latest Blockchain technology on a number of 'social good' programs helping such users as survivors in disaster zones in vulnerable areas all over the world.
For the Reach web apps, these will be building out complex dashboards to support various Agencies and NGOs who act on behalf of major world governments in their remit to support those in need. The dashboards will facilitate aid disbursement programs, predictive analytics and reporting to name just a few crucial features.
- Design and build React Native application for the iOS and Android platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality mobile applications using React Native. Act as a subject matter expert for the team
- Good understanding of usability principles for mobile and ability to deliver a slick and polished UI
- Strong communication skills - able to liaise with clients (internal/external) on the design and implementation of solutions
- Able to write maintainable, clean & well documented code
- Comfortable within agile environment with strong emphasis on good test coverage
- Familiarity with RESTful GraphQL APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Good to have:
- Backend development exposure – Node or GoLang preferred
- Proficient with TypeScript
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of design principles (Material design and Human Interface Guidelines)
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
You understand what startups entail. Like us, you are lean and mean, and you are not a 9-5 kind of worker bee - you are happy to go the extra mile to make sure things are done, and done well.
You communicate clearly and decisively.
You are articulate, in both speech and writing, complex concepts and details, in a concise and simple manner.
You are well versed in remote collaboration - particularly great if you’re familiar with Slack and other communication tools. You are happy working both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
You set (ours and your) expectations realistically and strive to go above and beyond them.
We know you don’t know everything, and that is okay. But it is important you are keen to learn anything you set your mind to. You are continually learning and are never complacent about yourself and your skills.
You will undergo:
A short 'get to know you' chat where you can get to know us and our cause and share some of the things you feel make you a great fit for our growing team.
1 Week Technical Assessment
A moderately challenging technical problem where you will deliver something useful to AID:Tech. It will require some ingenuity and initiative on your part, and we will ask you to demonstrate it in action and later help us implement it for our purposes. We will of course assist if you get stuck on specific technical problems, so please stay in touch throughout, as we also want to see how we get on and communicate.
When applying, please include answers to the following questions: