Deployed in partnership with the Irish Red Cross in Lebanon in December 2015.
According to the United Nations (UN), the ongoing civil war in Syria has seen over 13.5 million Syrians requiring humanitarian assistance. Of which more than 6 million are internally displaced. The scale of help and resources needed is far beyond any previous encounters.
Previously ‘good enough’ processes can no longer meet current needs. Using a paper voucher to distribute agricultural and food aid face challenges including a high margin of error, significant manual labour, siloed data capturing, and lack of scalability.
• AID:Tech was the first company in the world to deliver international aid using blockchain technology
• 500 Digital IDs provisioned to Syrian refugees in Lebanon
• Seamless digital delivery, efficiency and ability to address fraud and error in processes
• Foiled all attempts of fraud at points of sale
• Offering the Red Cross Irish and Lebanese offices real-time insight into how resources are distributed and utilised